project name:Construction Application
Organization name:Build Change
Objective:Help and guide users in building earthquake resistant houses.
Surakshit Ghar (meaning Safe House in Nepali) is a mobile application developed after Nepal Earthquake 2015 for Build Change, an INGO working on reconstruction in Nepal. This application holds information and guidelines on how to build earthquake resistant houses using different kinds of materials (cement, mud, bricks and stones). The application also contains information on how to maintain safety in a construction site, what the government guidelines are and what the design catalogue contains. The application contains a district wise list and contact information of trained masons. One of the key features of the application is that the users can send queries related to reconstruction of houses and get responses from the organization. Engineers and technical experts handle the queries from users. Language switching (Nepali-English) is available in the app and it works offline considering that the application is used in the remotest of villages in Nepal.
• 10 steps to be followed during house construction (graphic images)
• Safety measures to be adopted in the construction site
• Government catalog containing house design models
• Trained masons’ list and contact details
• Frequently asked questions
• Contact details of technical centers
• Messaging system
• English-Nepali language switching
• Offline (requires connection only for messaging and updates)