“Hamro Sudurpaschim” is a mobile application targeted to serve as the platform that highlights the Province no 7, Far West Region. This application aims to justify the role of the Far Western Development Commission (A development committee established for development of far west region) in the development of the region and can also be a useful tool to gather people’s opinions,feedback and suggestions. The application provides information about the socio-economic status of the region, updates on all the past and ongoing development activities and their progress as well.
Rt. Honorable PM Sher Bahadur Deuba launched mobile app “Hamro Sudurpaschim” in a program titled “Preparing Roadmap for Socio Economic Development”, organised by Far West Development Commission in association with Far West Sarokar Manch and Management association of Nepal, FW Chapter, Dhangadhi on 3rd July 2017.
Title : Hamro Sudurpaschim
Client Name : Far Western Development Commision
Status : Completed
“Hamro Sudurpaschim” is a mobile application targeted to serve as the platform that highlights the Province no 7, Far West Region. This application aims to justify the role of the Far Western Development Commission (A development committee established for development of far west region) in the development of the region and can also be a useful tool to gather people’s opinions,feedback and suggestions. The application provides information about the socio-economic status of the region, updates on all the past and ongoing development activities and their progress as well. It introduces the users to numerous local attractions ( religious, cultural, historical and natural) present in this region which were initially exposed to the local residents only.
Far West Region (SudurPaschim) lying to the western end of the country is a uniquely prosperous region in terms of natural resources, cultural diversity, religious destinations and geographic advantages. However, the available resources and natural benefits in this region have not been adequately utilized in terms of development. ICT’s introduction can help the province government to better communicate with the citizen, boost the developmental activities via crowdsourcing and informed decision making, and finally become more efficient in their way of working so that this region may bloom and prosper.
Hamro Sudurpaschim facilitates the local people with an overview of every development activities within the far west region. It’s a common canopy for completed work, ongoing work and future plans. The application further updates every minor detail on those development activities. Users can actively participate on any ongoing development task as the application facilitates crowd reporting on the development activities. Crowd reporting will then help the government for effective and efficient monitoring of any ongoing task. This model can be copied by any Centralized government as it would enable them to monitor any activities throughout this region even from a distant place. And the mechanism of the application will drastically decrease the chance of false positives and possible forgery.
Following are some of the key features of the application.
- Details about Far West Development Commission, news of their activities, and details of development projects ( past, present and future projects planned for the region.
- Local attractions of Far West Region: Natural Resources, Heritage Sites, Historical sites and Local festivals along with map routes to reach those destination
- Major projects in the region that are of national significance categorized according to the districts and status (Completed, Ongoing and Envisioned)
- Collect citizens Suggestions and feedbacks via a digital form
- A tool for local citizens to add details of their local business so as to promote them digitally.
- Statistics of the socio economic condition of all districts in Far West Region over graphs and charts.
- Contact details of political parties and newly elected local representatives at each municipalities and rural municipalities.
- Political situation of the region along with list of political parties and their elected CA Members.
- Videos of the folk songs and festivals in the Region to promote local culture.
After the formation of the provincial government, “Hamro SudurPaschim” is a first of its kind digital tool of a province government that can be a vital companion for both citizens of the state and the government for better communication, planning, monitoring and evaluation thus contributing to overall development of this region. The user friendly application expresses its content in Nepali language making it easier for the native users to understand.
We believe the application to be divergently useful and expect it to be a catalyst for the effective information dissemination of this region leading to its future prosperity.
Google Play Store link :